How Much Are You Feeding Your Armatus?

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
not to mention minnows and goldfish are Cyprinidae - the worst food source you could choose as they contain large amounts of an enzyme that prevents the fish from processing thiamine (immune system builder)- gut loaded or not the enzyme is still there.
Even though this may be true, all the large armatus that are out there mainly in asia are all still eating feeders. I know with the last batch here in the usa everyone was very quick to get them on frozen foods and they pretty much all died.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Even though this may be true, all the large armatus that are out there mainly in asia are all still eating feeders. I know with the last batch here in the usa everyone was very quick to get them on frozen foods and they pretty much all died.

I would say this fact is the same even with scombies....

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA

No doudt - carp-likes kill as the enzyme builds in the system robbing the fish of healthy longevity. The amounts vary from species to species, goldfish have higher amounts than minnows which have higher amounts than tilapia. This enzyme can be cooked out thank goodness.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
No doudt - carp-likes kill as the enzyme builds in the system robbing the fish of healthy longevity. The amounts vary from species to species, goldfish have higher amounts than minnows which have higher amounts than tilapia. This enzyme can be cooked out thank goodness.
cooked out..? You mean microwave the food before feeding..?

Ponyman101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2013
Singapore
How much should I feed my 4in armatus?he eats only one feeder and his stomach is like completely bloated...but becomes normal the next day.should I feed him only once in two days?and when can I start training him to eat pellets? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
I feed my Armatus Sardines/Mackerel stuffed with silver sides/freeze dried earthworms/krill and injected with Vita Chem along with Tilapia fillets stuffed with 25+ Hikari pellets.

I feed 5 days a week. If he does not circle when I come near the tank I skip that days feeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store