How much does your water cost?

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
I pay for the electricity to pump the water, which works out to something like one cent per sixty gallons. If you figure in the $40,000 it cost to drill the well that figure goes up a bit...

The best part is the chlorine and nitrate-free water straight from the tap! :headbang2

Bazinga

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
toronto
well im running pretty cheap on my bills, that said i live with mom and dad they pay, but ive added 200 gallons in tanks 2 months ago and the bill was pretty much the same, im sure our taxes pay for sewage trash and all that, but god news is that they are changing the water main in my area so water is free right now:)

Cross127

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2006
CT
Dan Feller;4405017; said:
I pay for the electricity to pump the water, which works out to something like one cent per sixty gallons. If you figure in the $40,000 it cost to drill the well that figure goes up a bit...

The best part is the chlorine and nitrate-free water straight from the tap! :headbang2
I have a well too but luckly I didn't have to drill a well.

So I pay the electric bill to pump the water. Electric bill runs about $550-620 monthly.

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
Gervahlt;4404985; said:
Wow...and I thought mine was bad. Your water's about 2x as much as mine and so's your power bill. What are you powering and watering that's costing so much???
lol I'm powering my air conditioner in 106F heat, my wife keeps the house at 70F. The water bill is due mostly to watering the lawn, the tanks are pretty minimal compatively.

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
My water and sewer are both together. My billl comes every three months and this past bill was:
rate --- usage --- charge
0.035200--1030----36.26

I however have started getting water from a buddy who has a well So I am interested in seeing my next water bill. At 55 gallons a week deducted from my usage.

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines
balton777;4405068; said:
lol I'm powering my air conditioner in 106F heat, my wife keeps the house at 70F. The water bill is due mostly to watering the lawn, the tanks are pretty minimal comparatively.
You should seriously look into solar panels! For what you pay monthly you could be self sufficient!

yogurt_21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
AZ, USA
funny I'm not sure our amount per gallon, but right now we're at about 45$ a month watering twice a day (backyard and side yards are grass, front is rock with desert plants) when the pond is running we average 60$ a month.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Knowdafish;4405440; said:
You should seriously look into solar panels! For what you pay monthly you could be self sufficient!
but the cost of the panels would make it that it would take him 15 or 20 years to pay for the panels at the bare minimum. mean while he is out, prob 40 or 50k(most likly even more). He could do less but even that many panels would prob not even half his electric bill. unless ur rich panels are not a viavle option

Gervahlt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Asheville, NC
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;4405953; said:
but the cost of the panels would make it that it would take him 15 or 20 years to pay for the panels at the bare minimum. mean while he is out, prob 40 or 50k(most likly even more). He could do less but even that many panels would prob not even half his electric bill. unless ur rich panels are not a viavle option
Nah, a couple of years back my parents went solar. I want to say it cost them somewhere between $12,000 - $18,000 to go fully off-grid and have enough to sell some back to the electric company (they are mandated by law to buy electricity back from consumers that's created in excess of what they can use). Just like this guy in Texas, they were living in a very sunny area, so it would probably be comparable.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Gervahlt;4406188; said:
Nah, a couple of years back my parents went solar. I want to say it cost them somewhere between $12,000 - $18,000 to go fully off-grid and have enough to sell some back to the electric company (they are mandated by law to buy electricity back from consumers that's created in excess of what they can use). Just like this guy in Texas, they were living in a very sunny area, so it would probably be comparable.
Depending on the amoutn of panels he gets depends how quickly he pays it off. at 650 bucks he will need a ton of panels to even make a dent. So 40k is prob close to an accurate assessment. And it takes alot of panels to pay for it all and sell back excess power. i dont know the exact number he will need but thats a huge power bill

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store