How much would you pay for a 10,000 tank?

fatguyenalilcoat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2007
MA
I'm seriously considering manufacturing ISO shipping container fish tanks. I have the capabilities at a manufacturing plant to make either a 10'(l) x 8'6"(h) x 8'(w) at about 4,750 gallons, a 20'(l) x 8.5'(h) x 8'(w) at about 9,500 gallons or a 40'(l) x 8.5'(h) x 8'(w) tanks. I would receive the tank, make large access holes in the top and put acrylic in the roof for the lights to shine through. On the 10' long model there will be one viewing pane, 4'x8', on the 20' long model, there will be 2 4'x8' viewing panels, and on the 40' model there will be 4 4'x8' viewing panels. The viewing panels will be siliconed into a steel frame welded into the side of the container. The entire inside will be completely waterproofed with either fiberglass or a black roll on polyurea that is 100% fish safe. The tank will come with a 5 year leak guarantee. The back of the tank will have a several foot wide platform that spans the length of the tank. This platform will have a ladder, hold the sump / filter / and heating and will allow you to stand on to be at a height capable of entering the tank or to do any sort of maintenance. The tank will have four standpipes along the back that take water into two different filtering compartments, one on each side of the platform. This platform will fold straight up so it is flush with the back of the tank so the tank is easily shipped. The lights and filtration system will be shipped inside the container so that the container is easily shipped via rail or truck. If you move or sell your house, you can easily take your fish tank with you, unlike current built in systems that require abandonment. After your pour a concrete pad next to your house, the aquarium will then be dropped off onto the pad. You can now butt the aquarium to the side of the house, build up some simple walls and a roof, make two windows with some nice finish molding add a door and you have a 5, 10, or 20,000 gallon tank and a huge fish room in your house. These could also be used in hotels, restaurants, or office building lobbies.

How much would you be willing to pay for one of these monster tanks shipped to your door?

Financing would be available.

Fish Container Front.jpg

Fish Container Back.jpg

JEAE21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2007
CA
2 dollars and 85 cents

---XR---

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pa
i'd rent a tractor trailer, jack the container from a stock yard and consider building the tank in it/ later realize i have no skills to do it- and leave in in my yard, costing 0 dallors.

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
---XR---;1272539; said:
i'd rent a tractor trailer, jack the container from a stock yard and consider building the tank in it/ later realize i have no skills to do it- and leave in in my yard, costing 0 dallors.
and how much do 0 dallors convert to in dollars? ;)

I would pay maybe 5 grand for a 10K tank, considering I could make my own for around 4,000

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Wolf3103 was explaining that you can have a shipping container brought to your property for roughly $400 each. Considering these things are used worldwide in every way possible, they are not expensive the move around. Even if they are so large and appear too big.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
i dunno, thats kind of an eye sore in the pictures, but it could be painted right and it would be an awesome tank!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store