How overstocked is my tank?

crister13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2009
New Jersey
I have a 150g tank with 110# of LR, around a 3' sump (maybe more) caulerpa in refugium, skimmer. For livestock I have 1snowflake eel, 1 male bird wrasse, 1 blonde naso tang, 1 niger triggerfish, and 1 honeycombgrouper. how overstocked is the tank? If it is, what is the BEST thing I can do without removing fish? If I have to, I will.:irked:

stopsharkfinning

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2011
perth western australia
the honeycomb cod will produce more waste than all your fish put together, he will put strain on fitration,do you have a decent skimmer and what is your filtration set up, how old is the tank ,do you test your water, if you have added the honey comb last it may give a ammonia spike as your bacteria population may not be capable of handling waste

NHfishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2010
Seacoast NH
As juveniles your set for a while if they are larger what are your nitrates and do you have trouble keeping alk and pH up?

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
as long as the fish arent aggressive towards each other and u can keep nitrates in check then u are fine. is this a fowlr tank?

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Generally speaking +1 to the above...as I have said before naso's are notorious for simply dying for no reason...especially in tanks equal to or smaller than 180g.

crister13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2009
New Jersey
Yeah its FOWLR. They're not aggressive to eachother at all. If they wouldn't be aggressive, could I add a hawaiin black trigger?

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
No. You have too many fish already once they grow up. Many of those will need a larger tank in a couple years. I'd stop cramming fish in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store