How to feed my always-hiding pleco!

Lord Gaz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Australia
if its a common veggies are best as a staple diet. zucc, potatoe, peas, cucumber, broccolli, lettuce, melon, kiwi, water plants, cantelope, parsnips..... but you still got feed meat to supplement. so yea a mixed veg and shrimp pellets would be fine, but id still feed it some prawn or bloodworm or something, but im sure pellets would be as good
Wow I waas just about to ask what else I can feed them, thanks for covering!

When you mean prawn, do you mean liek actual prawns that we eat? Just fork them and place it at the bottom of the tank? Wouldn't that make my water foul?

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
The small bristlenose pleco dissapeared in the rockwork in my 120g tank for 2 months I was sure he died popped out a few weeks ago,almost 2x in size.I wouldnt worry about him if hes getting hungry hell come out

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
When you mean prawn, do you mean liek actual prawns that we eat? Just fork them and place it at the bottom of the tank? Wouldn't that make my water foul?
yea like market prawn. you can keep the shell on too . if its a common they take it more readily as they grow older but you can still give it a go. yea like any food thats uneaten it will foul up the water, so put it in for a few hours (and not to much of it) and take out anything uneaten. (or i just stick it in before lights out and anything uneaten comes out in the morning, but usually its all gone anyway

oscarAD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
canada
after i throw in a couple dozen feeders for my oscars and jacks and devil thers always a few peices in there and big mr ple*co like that plus zuchinin and a little krill every now and again plus algae wafers to

tfaceon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2006
gainesville fl
ihave one and i have never feed him any alge wafers or anthing in 6 months he grew to about 7 inches long and started at half an inch he was tiny but thats in a 55 gallon tank

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
they wont last on algae for ever. theyre dietry requirements change. it'll change thier mood and attitude towards other fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store