How to get clownfish to engage in breeding ??

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Zfishies;4429696; said:
I was gonna ask how do you not know who Barry White is, then I noticed you were 13, and now I just feel old :irked:

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
Heathd;4430217; said:
I was gonna ask how do you not know who Barry White is, then I noticed you were 13, and now I just feel old :irked:
FLESHY;4430335; said:
Oh my lord. Well...Im half way inbetween on this. But...yes. Barry White could help. :D
do they come in CD's or recordes if it helps am willing to try anything lol

you guys think that yellow anemone will be ok (from the link? my LFS has one ill get the pic

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,

Heteractis malu, Sebae Anemone, Singapore Sebae, Hawaiian Sand Anemone

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
not likely. are the only likely hosts.
Heteractis crispa, Purple Long Tentacle Anemone, Leathery Anemone
Heteractis magnifica, Magnificent Anemone, Ritteri Anemone, Red Radianthus Anemone
Stichodactyla gigantea, Giant Carpet Anemone
Are the only likely hosts.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Im going to recommend the LTA right now. I think that will be best for your skill set. Carpets are asking for problems unless you get one of those dwarf carpets, and those things are roving fish eaters.

mamapuff

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
Austin, Texas
Clowns will host anything when they are ready, just let them do what they do. Mine likes to host my Tangs Nori come feeding time. She will lay in it while everyone eats around her then when it's gone, hosts the inside of a clam shell in a corner on the ground. My youngest of the 4 just started hosting my torch coral.

PIC-0158.jpg

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Well yes they CAN host anything, but nems mite eat them if they don't like the type of clown, also diferent nems have different sting strength, some clowns may not have the resistance required. So in the case of nems hosting is pretty specific. As for carpet it has to be giant, the minis don't host anything even in the wild. I agree LTA is your best bet.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I will tell you that the sabae that was pictured hosts very few types of clowns, and theyre not a beginner anemone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store