How to handle picky eaters??

NitroDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2012
Italy
So I have a flower horn and a jack Dempsey, they are both picky eaters, the jack Dempsey was fed crickets and the flower horn was only fed omega one shrimp pellets, I've been trying to get them to eat hikari gold, or NLS, even tried OSI flowerhorn pellets and they both spit them out, all they will eat is frozen bloodworms and guppies. So my question is do I go buy the shrimp pellets? Is that an ok staple food for them? Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm tired of starving these guys trying to get them to eat different foods.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

marv1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2012
LONG BEACH
Are they babies? because when my jack dempsey and arowanna where babies I feed them bloodworms and a months later they ate pallets

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
starve them.

beggars can't be choosers
Yea a fatty wont die of starvation! Its always good to let em fast for a couple days once in awhile anyway! Just make sure to remove excess food to avoid high nitrates!

#1 S. Vettel

marv1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2012
LONG BEACH
those are cool size ,I would try too mix pellets and bloodworms when feeding and slowly decreasing the worms .
Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chris(MF)

Gambusia
Sep 18, 2015
im having a simlar problem 3 in red dragon fh 1 male dempsey 1 female and 1 male green terror.green terror and flowerhorn eat great. dempseys duo are extremley picky.getting on my nerves all i feed them is hikari cichlid staple n freeze dried river shrimp not pelletswhole tiny shrimp.thy take an occasional shrimp every day but not enough to gain in size had them two months n they havnt grown really at all maybe half an inch heelp

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store