how to let my High Back Golden arowana eat pellets(sticks)?

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Nice aro. I really like his "bullet" headshape. As for pellets, try feeding smaller prey items at first. They might be less enthusiastic about eating larger pellets at first.

Reactions: Pravesh Shilotri

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I actually like to crush up pellets into powder and dip what insect or worm into powder and then feed. It won't be long before that fish will associate the smell of pellets as food and then offer only pellets.

Pravesh Shilotri

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2015
India
Nice aro. I really like his "bullet" headshape. As for pellets, try feeding smaller prey items at first. They might be less enthusiastic about eating larger pellets at first.
He is eating market prawns now.! And he likes it very much.! And Thanks Alot Bro.!:)

Last edited:

Pravesh Shilotri

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2015
India
I actually like to crush up pellets into powder and dip what insect or worm into powder and then feed. It won't be long before that fish will associate the smell of pellets as food and then offer only pellets.
I just tried to put pellets inside the market prawns! But unfortunately he ate rhe prawns and thrown the pellets out!:)-

Pravesh Shilotri

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2015
India
My new XB is now eating pellets after 1 week of stuffing MP with Hikari pellets. My wife phoned me this morning and told me he has been eating 6-8 pellets the past 2 days. WooHoo.
There is more than 1 way to train, and each fish is different.
Larger fish can be starved for a very long time. The case with my old XB.
Smaller fish can be starved for short periods or tricked by feeding with their favorite foods.
Hahah lucky you! I put the pellets inside the prawns and fed him? Rigjt way?

Syed Husain

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
Put Hikari Pellets inside the Market Shrimp then give the Arowana, i used to train like that.

At least the Arowana got taste this Hikari Pellets before starve them for 1 week to totaly take without Market Shrimp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store