how to nutritionally enhance those shrimp!

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
davo;958366; said:
Cool. Suprised you'd leave it uncooked overnight in a fridge though. Anyway using warm water out a tap won't make any difference than if it was cold. Maybe it would make a difference if you were defrosting in warmer temperatures, but I'm still not sure... waiting for the answer of the previously asked question.

Your paper go ok?
A+ :thumbsup:

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Oooohhh..I feel hungry, Del.:drool: Informative thread.:thumbsup:

Sturgeon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2007
last house on the left
This thread is a Great Read. Nice fish, Delgado, they appear super-healthy. After reading this, I want to get some vita-chem and kent garlic.
makes me wonder what else you can add it to besides shrimp.

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
We feed all of our wolves and dogs a totally raw diet and would never cook any of it. Dogs and fish by the share a very short digestive tract so some principles are the same.

Anyway...nice formula...I agree with thawing in cool rather than hot water and just wanted to add that if you wanted to color inhance your shrimp you can add a sprinkling of paprika to it to bring out the reds...

TheMightyOscar

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
New York
wow..and i've been feeding my fish cooked shrimp for months..:wall:

i need to look for raw shrimp..never seen it in the supermarket here...

Prophet714

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2008
S. Cali
So I'm only supposed to take off the tail spike and leave the rest? I've read that the shrimp shell could damage the internals of an arowana and i shoud remove ALL of it before feed.

How come u only take the tail spike off? is the the only dangerous part? i dont want to put my arowana at risk? also, how big did you start feeding him shrimp with shell like that. I dont want to upgrade from krill if his digestive system cant handle it yet.

thanks for the help

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
Prophet714;1435260; said:
So I'm only supposed to take off the tail spike and leave the rest? I've read that the shrimp shell could damage the internals of an arowana and i shoud remove ALL of it before feed.

How come u only take the tail spike off? is the the only dangerous part? i dont want to put my arowana at risk? also, how big did you start feeding him shrimp with shell like that. I dont want to upgrade from krill if his digestive system cant handle it yet.

thanks for the help
im sure she could have ate it without problems but taking it off just made me feel better :). She was already a monster when i introduced her to shrimp.

an arowana can eat whole shrimp if it can easily fit in its mouth. you need not remove the shell.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store