How to treat stingrays with prezi

bmpauley

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2013
Marysville ohio
Are you adding anything back to the RO? Straight RO isn't stable at all..... Very prone to PH crashes.

Was it kept in normal tap/well water before? IF trying to transition a ray already in poor health from tap to RO then that could be the problem right there.....

What kind of ray is it? Not all grow fast......
No he has always been in r/o water. What makes it stable? Marble motoro

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
So is the drip just straight RO?

What's your PH?

Have you tested for ammo or nitrite?

IF nothing else is in there, is this a recently setup tank? How was it cycled if this is the only fish?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Probably nothing related to the ray, but do you have TDS readings before and after the membrane? Just kind of confused why the PH would be that high....

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Not to scare you or anything, but my first black ray i noticed a dent in the forehead, then came the hips, then came the chewing food and spitting it out without being able to swallow, then 26 days later came the end. Do everything you can to keep him eating. Prazi boosts appetite, many ray keepers do a yearly treatment, but medications do tend to stress fish too so you're going to have to make a call of you want to risk it or not.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bmpauley

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2013
Marysville ohio
Not to scare you or anything, but my first black ray i noticed a dent in the forehead, then came the hips, then came the chewing food and spitting it out without being able to swallow, then 26 days later came the end. Do everything you can to keep him eating. Prazi boosts appetite, many ray keepers do a yearly treatment, but medications do tend to stress fish too so you're going to have to make a call of you want to risk it or not.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks but I'm already scared to no end. And he seems to be getting worse :((

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jobu28

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2013
NC
Have you tried black worms? Not to contradict but I've also seen prazi stunt appetite. I've used it on rays with no issues but have seen my saltwater fish stop eating during treatment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store