How would you do it? Overflows, PVC Size (230 & 310 US Gallons!)

Main Overflow PVC Size (300 gallon aquarium)

• 1x 1.5"

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 2x 1.5"

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • 1x 2"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other? (please comment)

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Here is my 385 gallon, I’m running a stockman setup in each overflow and a emergency drain in each overflow. The pipes are 1 inch drain and 3/4 inch emergency drains. I am running 2 return pumps totaling 3800 gallons an hour. The sump is 150 gallons. With rays you will want as much media as possible. I chose not to go fluidized to cut down on sound. View attachment 1492100View attachment 1492101
Is that Momotaro Bakki House media in your sump? I understand it works best in a shower (i.e., not submerged), but I also plan on using it submerged in my sump tank for redundant filtration.

louiloui

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2022
Scotland
I will probably run an fx6 or some other type of canister filter, possibly an Eheim one in the main aquarium to try to suck some of that out and have as much flow as possible.

In my sumps do you think I should put the media on top of a course sponge so the water can flow evenly through or put it directly on the glass bottom?

The last thing I was questioning was if I should use bags like these for ease of removing media, my argument being they give me less room for media and I'm looking to put around 50kg of alfa grog. https://www.finest-filters.co.uk/filter-media-bag/

I was also considering using a net instead of these bags and having it bigger than the chamber of the sump so all the media is easily lifted out.

(Going to try run the sumps at 3000 lph)
3000 gallons per hour*

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store