How would you stock a 46 Gallon Bowfront...

curry76

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
us
...and why?

I got a used 46 bowfront and just finished cleaning it up.

I know its not exactly big, but what kind of suggestions do you have for this tank.

I have the tank and stand but will be buying everything else. The tank isn't drilled, so I wont be using a sump.\\\

(Btw, I have many years exp. with both fresh and salt and New World cichlids. I just want to try some Africans)

kdog

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2011
saskatchewan
I'm a fan of lake tanganyika. A few cyprichromis species for the upper area synodontis lucpinnis on the bottom with a few shell dwellers 'lamprologus' caudopunctatis are my current favorites. Maybe altolamprologus calvus or comprecicep.[FONT=Verdana,Italic][FONT=Verdana,Italic][FONT=Verdana,Italic]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Brian_Indiana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2010
Muncie, IN
I had a 46 bowfront for years. Some of the iterations were mbuna tank (several times), fancy goldfish (orandas,moors), pair of Oscars (6" and 4"), JD alone (7"), female FH (5"), and EBJD (x4 1"-3"). The EBJDs were the last fish I had in it before I sold it. They are cool tanks, but not big enough for most SA/CA fish....at least not for very long.

I would suggest a mbuna tank, but a Tang tank can be cool. You put put a bunch of shellies in there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store