Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2014
Canada
So here's my story I had a friend who has these 3 Oscars in a 55 gallon
A tiger Oscar
A lemon oscar
And a black oscar

And he wanted to get rid of them because they had ick and were a bit mean so he was about to just dump them in the nearby canal so I offered to take them they're between 8 inches and a foot long

I already have in my 150 gallon
a flagtail,
a white channel catfish
a Senegal birchir,
a African knife fish
and my brothers poor oscar that got in a bad fight and lost his eye so my bro was about to flush him so I saved him he's about 4 inches

So I was wondering if I have enough filtration I have a sump that's rated for a 400 gallon filled with potscrubbys and some bio balls and a emperor 400 Hob filter with some pothos plants in if and i built a lil cage out of eggcrate in the tank that also holds more pothos plant

I'm using a CQP pond pump not sure which one I just got the most expensive one I saw on the shelf and I'm using a 2 inch pvc overflow

I've been told these pothos plants are really good and sucking up the ammonia and nitrates so I hope they help

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
You *SHOULD* be good. Just watch your feedings, and give the BB time to catch up, I'd say 6 weeks or so. And keep up with your water changes. Take it easy on the high protein foods as well, I'd stick to a "staple" daily pellet, with 35% or so protein....

*YMMV*

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
you'll be fine. oscars are hardy/tough fish.
might want to qt them first if they do really
have ick.

PEANUTBUTTER

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2014
Canada
you'll be fine. oscars are hardy/tough fish.
might want to qt them first if they do really
have ick.
The ick is all gone and I'm finally getting them to eat, all he fed them are feeders i feed all my fish a mix between dried krill, pellets, and frozen shrimp that I buy at Walmart

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
PEANUTBUTTER PEANUTBUTTER if its all gone go for it. should be ok. might want to remove the smaller
one though.

PEANUTBUTTER

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2014
Canada
PEANUTBUTTER PEANUTBUTTER if its all gone go for it. should be ok. might want to remove the smaller
one though.
Yeah I removed the smaller one the black one kept attacking him ans I have no where to put it so I just put him in my sump

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store