Hows my lift?

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
How old are you?

I started lifting seriously in the 8th grade. By my sophmore year in HS I was one of the strongest guys on the football team at 5' 8" and 130lbs. By senior year I was 145lbs doing 4 sets of 8 of 185lbs.

I am now 25 and suffering from arthritis. It started in my back and has now spread to my ankles and shoulders. Im thinking my serious lifting starting when I was 12 years old had a lot to do with it. Be careful.

ETA: My life with this SUCKS. I was on the track team, a sprinter, very fast for a little white boy Now, I couldnt run a 50 yard sprint at full speed even if I had some one chasing me with a knife. :cry:

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
people should not start lifting heavy weight until they reach 14 years of age, starting weight training too early can affect the grow of bones and you can hardly reach your potential height!
I'm a lazy ass now so I don't know how much can I lift! about a year ago when I still in high school I can do 500 lbs deadlift, 295 lbs bench press, 450lbs squat(I'm sucks at this), 70 lbs dumbbell curls with 6 reps, 120 lbs barbell curls with 10 reps and my weight was 190 lbs!

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Nice, thou at times you are locking your elbows and I cant tell from the video or not but try to always exhale on the push, just my .02

Keep up the good work!

Clay

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2005
Chantilly, Va
I found I was able to get more power in my bench press by putting my thumb on the same side as my fingers (under the bar), and not wrapping the thumbs around the bar.

Liam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2007
Brisbane - Australia.
holy crap dude, you're hyper extending like crazy.... if your elbows are going past your back so the bar is hitting your chest, say goodbye to your rotator cuffs and hello hospital bill and agonizing pain. Seriously consider getting someone with good form to teach you the proper way because no one here wants to see you go through that, lol. I'd recommend working out with considerably less weight with and learning good form.

and pec flys are probably a better workout anyway, much less dangerous and just as good (i.e. you're not holding a bar with 180 pounds over your throat :p)

sorry if i sound like a prick btw, i don't want it to come out that way

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I found I was able to get more power in my bench press by putting my thumb on the same side as my fingers (under the bar), and not wrapping the thumbs around the bar.

Me too. I've used the "false grip" for about 8 years now. I've been told it's dangerous, but as long as your paying attention to what your doing, it helps.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I've always believed this to be a myth. I don't think it makes a difference except it's more dangerous

holy crap dude, you're hyper extending like crazy.... if your elbows are going past your back so the bar is hitting your chest, say goodbye to your rotator cuffs and hello hospital bill and agonizing pain. Seriously consider getting someone with good form to teach you the proper way because no one here wants to see you go through that, lol. I'd recommend working out with considerably less weight with and learning good form.

and pec flys are probably a better workout anyway, much less dangerous and just as good (i.e. you're not holding a bar with 180 pounds over your throat :p)

sorry if i sound like a prick btw, i don't want it to come out that way
i don't think he was hyperextending at all. it may have just been the angle of the camera. how do you hyperextend if you're using a bar. i can see how one can hyperextend with dumbells but not with a bar

ts, your form looks fine to me

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store