Huge Arowana

Silvia15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
New Zealand
sweet lord,,, those are beasts, cant believe its even the same animal i have in my tank... once saw something that said arowanas could jump out and eat monkeys and sloths outta trees... was doubtful, but after seeing this... not a trace left

jay17

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2008
Philippines
those are really huge.. but for me, their heads are really different from the ones i am accustomed to seeing.. but aside from that, they really are monsters.. lol

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
Silvia15;1829640; said:
sweet lord,,, those are beasts, cant believe its even the same animal i have in my tank... once saw something that said arowanas could jump out and eat monkeys and sloths outta trees... was doubtful, but after seeing this... not a trace left
Small birds and large bugs, yes, but monkeys and sloths? Lol, that's too much of a stretch unless you are talking about those tiny monkeys that can fit in the palm of your hand, then maybe they can eat them. But you probably got the monkey thing from the arrowana being called "water monkeys" down south due to their acrobatic ability.

rza_mib7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2008
Toronto
BIGgourami;1829313; said:
isn't that the tank some guys was trying to pull of as his own? :ROFL:
:grinno::grinyes: Yes! That thread was hilarious..but besides that, where is this public aquarium from? Just curious. Those aros are huge.

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
that's what I want to know. sexy sexy beasts!

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
they can eat a baby :eek:

catfishlover106

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2007
Daly City/San Francisco, CA
Yup those are like Super Arowanas! lol they all from what i heard get that big head...from the looks of it it could be 6-8" tall...maybe more...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store