Huge Canadian Largemouth Bass!!!

marconi

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
Ontario, Canada
what size is an above average bass in canada? 3 lbs? i guess what im asking is the comparison, and why they are smaller. also what size test are you using on that reel??
I would consider anything over 3lbs as a larger sized bass in Canada. Lots of 1.5 to 2 lbers wherever you go around here...I'd say thats the average. My buddy was using 65 lb braid, that why this beast didn't break him off lol.

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
pete they're smaller because of the climate and forage, there are also several strains of LMB and they just typically don't grow to the same size.

Nice fish!

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
I would consider anything over 3lbs as a larger sized bass in Canada. Lots of 1.5 to 2 lbers wherever you go around here...I'd say thats the average. My buddy was using 65 lb braid, that why this beast didn't break him off lol.
65lb braid?! goodness it cracks me up when bass fisherman fish line that heavy haha that's dang near deep sea bottom fishin line.

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Congrats that's a pig!!!! How about you show some of those notorious smallmouth!, sense you up there and all :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

doveandgrenade

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2012
Canada
65lb braid?! goodness it cracks me up when bass fisherman fish line that heavy haha that's dang near deep sea bottom fishin line.
I had 65lbs braid spooled up because I use that rod to fish topwater hollow body frogs in really heavy cover and anything under 65lbs braid I'd lose the fish or break the line...

doveandgrenade

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2012
Canada
Very nice fish. I hope she swam away for someone else to enjoy?
of course... I dont agree with taking big fish out.. need those good genes out there for future monsters.. however I do wish I did have some measuring tape with me to get measurements... i'd get a replica made up because i dont think ill catch another that size again.. lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store