Hybrid Grouper Anyone? Giant Grouper + Tiger Grouper

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
The first time I saw this beast was in an Asian supermarket. They were swimming in tanks being sold as food.

They were stunning to look at, I love their body shape and pattern. They are one bad ass looking fish with sharp teeth.

Boy was I tempted to get some for my tank. But I understand how big they get so I convinced myself that I would get some when I get to build my monster fish pond.

Does anyone keep this monster fish?

IMG_4860.jpg

Reactions: arowanaman85

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
The first time I saw this beast was in an Asian supermarket. They were swimming in tanks being sold as food.

They were stunning to look at, I love their body shape and pattern. They are one bad ass looking fish with sharp teeth.

Boy was I tempted to get some for my tank. But I understand how big they get so I convinced myself that I would get some when I get to build my monster fish pond.

Does anyone keep this monster fish?

View attachment 1188430
Looks nice

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
If you're into groupers, one's that don't grow as big as car that is, and you've got a very very big wallet you want to check out the neptune grouper. It only grows to about 18" but is very rare and a single specimen will set you back over $5000!! It is a stunning fish.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Where are u located? U in the states or Asia?? They're really nice and can be kept and bred in pretty much freshwater. They're a hybrid between E. Lanceolatus. The bb grouper and another Asian brown ish grouper I forget the scientific name but it looks similar to E. Coiodes. If I were you I would snatch one up quickly. They don't get as big as fast as E. Lanceolatus. You're saving it from certain death on the dinner table. So Even if your tank is too small there's nothing wrong with getting one. I've had a handful of freshwater groupers they're pretty fun. Btws these won't get as big as a car lol

32Bit_Fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2016
So seriously, can they really be kept in fresh water? I saw some comments in YouTube that they need to be kept in salt water in order for them to thrive. What would happen if they are being kept in 100% fresh water?

I couldn't find any information regarding the care of this fish. I guess they get too big for home aquariums.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
So seriously, can they really be kept in fresh water? I saw some comments in YouTube that they need to be kept in salt water in order for them to thrive. What would happen if they are being kept in 100% fresh water?

I couldn't find any information regarding the care of this fish. I guess they get too big for home aquariums.
What would happen if you were kept in 100% carbon dioxide?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store