sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
so potential starting stock

12+- crabs
15+- snails
4 pepperment shrimps(if i can find them around me)
2 ocell clowns(the mated pair i have on hold)

may try a few others later...not to many though...like a paki butterfly fish or some dartfish...

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
sbuse;4139697; said:
so potential starting stock

12+- crabs
15+- snails
4 pepperment shrimps(if i can find them around me)
2 ocell clowns(the mated pair i have on hold)

may try a few others later...not to many though...like a paki butterfly fish or some dartfish...
liveaquaria.com has some pretty decent reef cleaner packs. I know your not running a reef, but at this point its all the same as they will get the job done on multiple types of algae you will encounter, especially on a newly cycling tank. They also sell peppermint shrimp.

good show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPd5fHcFpeM

perfect_prefect

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
iowa
i hope your not adding 15 turbo snails........ whatever you put in you have to make sure there is enough for them to eat or you will need to be supplementing the natural algae with other or they will starve to death and decay in your tank causing a spike in your levels.

perfect_prefect

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
iowa
a 29 is half again larger than a 20 and the snails he said he had are dwarf snails...... if you have 2 common turbo snails i would stop there and just get 2-3 crabs 2-3 pep shrimp and a cleaner shrimp or 2

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
perfect_prefect;4139805; said:
a 29 is half again larger than a 20 and the snails he said he had are dwarf snails...... if you have 2 common turbo snails i would stop there and just get 2-3 crabs 2-3 pep shrimp and a cleaner shrimp or 2
Ive seen some of the mexican turbo snails get to be the size of a fist. Impressive to say the least.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
i planned on one turbo and other misc dwarf/ small snails...i know his tank is bigger so i reduced invert level some to try and account for the difference...i have one unknown snail, maybe a turbin, it is about a 1.5" in diam and 1.5-2" tall...it's body is black, underside cream, has 6 or so side tenticuls, a green and red floresnt head markings...the shell is purple and white in ulternating stripe pattern...

the other snail is 1/2 the size of my pinky nail...it is white and redish purple...

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
anyone know of and emergant plants other then mangrove i can use for more filtration?....i have hydroponics on all my tanks and one tank is filter soley by plants...i like how my water is super clean in all my tanks and would like to do the same with the salt tank...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store