I caught a new state yearly record.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Congratulations!
Thank you. Noticed you’re also from Ohio. I got an email a while ago saying the pin is being mailed out and asking permission to put my picture in a fishing report magazine. I’m now working towards 3 more qualifying sized species so I get a golden pin. I’m now going after carp, crappie, rock bass, largemouth and might try smallmouth until I get one qualifying species from one of these 5.

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
that's epic dude. Well this disproves the people who say "sunfish reach 12 inches" since the state record is only 10.5 inches. Personally I think that sunfish usually only get to 8 inches max.
Some sunfish stay smaller than others. The Ohio state record is 12.75” and mine was 10.5”
Congrats!
Nice looking fish too!
thank you. I honestly thought that someone stocked the pond with smallmouth bass when I was fighting the fish In because he had crazy strong head shakes and actually took almost 15 seconds to land. If I recatch it then I’ll be getting it mounted.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Some sunfish stay smaller than others. The Ohio state record is 12.75” and mine was 10.5”

thank you. I honestly thought that someone stocked the pond with smallmouth bass when I was fighting the fish In because he had crazy strong head shakes and actually took almost 15 seconds to land. If I recatch it then I’ll be getting it mounted.
Note: I’m against getting fish taxidermy and mounting them but if it’s something this big then i think it’s only right to get it mounted so you can always keep that memory even closer

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020

Ever catch a sea robin?
They are a small scorpion fish that doesn’t get much bigger than 10-12 inches, but every time I catch one it feels like I’m reeling in a 3 ft dogfish or a 20 inch fluke...
They put up a good fight...shame they are not good for eating.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Ever catch a sea robin?
They are a small scorpion fish that doesn’t get much bigger than 10-12 inches, but every time I catch one it feels like I’m reeling in a 3 ft dogfish or a 20 inch fluke...
I’ve heard of them but never fished for them

Reactions: Deadeye

SalviniCichlidFan

Dovii
MFK Member
May 30, 2021
www.andrew-li.org
Ever catch a sea robin?
the excitement... the excitement... almost there... could it be a massive striped bass? halibut? a bluefin tuna? ... oh it's just a sculpin (what people in NE call sea scorpions." I remember once when I went deep sea fishing, the guy next to me caught lots of fish... but they were all sculpins.

• Haha
Reactions: Deadeye and Rtc/tsn
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store