I did it, 50 largemouth. (Load Warning)

herit1990

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2011
amk
I like the spots on the fish body... Nice. Anyone in the states rearing this fish in home aquarium set up? Thanks

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
I think the 19th picture was my biggest. I remember holding that one up proud. Like I said, I'm pretty new at this so I don't have a lot of catches to draw from. Luckily I have a shot of every fish I've caught so I can go back and check the photos and see if I can make a guess judgement. It's either that one or a bass from the creek I caught last year. I'll try to find the shot of that one. The coolest and possibly largest fish I caught was the muskie I got. That guy was wild. I'll find a pic of that too. Maybe you could throw out an idea of how much you think they weigh, I'm terrible at it. One fishing trick I learned is that you should just add pounds to the fish each time you recall it. I think the fish from last year is up to about 40lbs. now. (Probably 2lbs.) Herit I keep a smallmouth currently and have kept a few largemouths over the years. Smallmouths are active and fun fish to keep. In my experience they are tough, but not as pushy as largemouths. Largemouths hang out more and have a tendency to harass tank mates.

PatLargemouth18.jpg

PatLargemouth9.jpg

Patmuskie1.jpg

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
that bass is probably about 10-11oz, pike maybe a little bit more - size will come with more time on the water :)

xiongster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2010
Wisconsin
i use top water frogs and its always been working for me and lake michigan for big salmon with spoons and moon shinners at night!

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
my fault ur right muskie, never seen a small one bet it was a blast to catch though, i know chain pickerel are ive only ever caught a couple though only know one place where they are here

pottawattamiebassmaster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2011
United States
Keep up the good work. If you want a fun way to catch largemouth, use any top water bait. For me there is nothing in the world that compares to watching a bass explode out of the water on a topwater bait.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store