i figured i would share my angels, since there are no other posts here

reptileguy2727

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Northern Virginia
there are 5 in a 150. there are also a pair of geophagus, 2 Synodontis eupterus, sun cat, bummblebee cat, 2 clown loaches, about 5 cories, a black ghost knife, i think thats it.

reptileguy2727

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Northern Virginia
koi i think, i got them for $1/ea at petco a year or two ago on sale. they were just assorted small angels, about the size of a quarter i think, maybe a little bigger. i think they are more of mutts than anything too pure.

CichlidPharmer

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
South Florida
For a dollar each at the size of a quarter, that was a great buy. Kois go for more than a dollar each at that size, wholesale.

Also, at that size you be able should to see their gills through its cover plates. They appear to be blushing.

When they get bigger they are hard to tell apart form Gold Marbles.

One way of distinguishing them as Kois is to look at their dorsal fins and tails. Gold Marbles will have strations or lace patterns on them while the kois will be clear.

Its hard to tell from the pictures.

reptileguy2727

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Northern Virginia
all of their dorsal,caudal, and anal fins are clear, although a couple have black or gold coloration on them. none are blushing angels. it looks like 2 are koi, the other 3 are marbled, one of which is mostly black. i got them on sale, they were usually $3.99 i think, and this was petco so they are probably getting them cheaper than a LFS would, so wholesale price may be different.

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
Have you had any problems between your geos and the angels? I have some angels now and would like to pick up some geos to throw in with them.

reptileguy2727

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Northern Virginia
no, they may be nipping tails a little, but that could be the other angels too, somebody is in there.

dragonfishgirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Indiana
I love angelfish! I've actually been looking for some mutts, but all of the ones I see around here are kind of icky (literally). If I saw some like that I'd probably get them....very pretty.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store