I got a Question

Smok3o3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Colorado
I just put in a jardini into my tank, its a new tank for him and right now its swimming around a lot and its moving a lil quick. where i got him from it was more laid back in its swimming, is it natural for a new fish to do this. im hoping im just paranoid and the fish is fine just gettin use to its new home..

Smok3o3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Colorado
Nabbig2;3923681; said:
Sounds normal to me. Is he swimming in a manner that is particularly unsettling or something?
kinda it just doesn't seem like the fish is relaxed

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
Is that the one from golden fish? If so that was a good looking fish! How is the lighting in your tank? When I saw the one at gf the tank was pretty dark, so some sort of surface cover may help.

EvilKid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2009
SOUTHERN CALI.
aro's should be shipped or transported in the dark then put into a dark or dimly lit tank at least that's the advise i got from my lfs when i got mine it was night when i got him so i released him and turned the lights off next morning he was all happy in his new larger tank careful they jumpers even with the tops on i came home to a dead aro no idea how he got out... :rip

Smok3o3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Colorado
no its not from golden fish, my jardini is actually doin better now i think it is because it needed to get use to the tank. so jardinis prefer shade/night?

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Since this is a new tank, did you test the water params to see if it has been properly cycled?

bigdaddycool

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Philippines
ditto to all the above - params, patience, and not overfeeding or feeding too soon are the key for him to settle in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store