I had to do it...

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
GhostShrimpMan;4795127; said:
Lol, I'm late but got it right on the head. Looks very well built.
You are correct. I built a crappy top for it in the past when it was outside but I didn't make it two halves so I could open it. I had to take the entire thing off to get in there. PITA! I learned from that one. lol

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
GhostShrimpMan;4795166; said:
Nothing like a good and cheap DIY. :D
Im a full time college student so I have to do it cheap. DIY is the only way to go for me. :D

Juxtaroberto

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Very innovated. :thumbsup:

I've been thinking about something like this for mine, but didn't know what kind of material to use for the outside border. I like your design, but mine only has a 6.5' diameter, meaning approximately a 20.5 circumference. Would a length of 10.25' PVC be as flexible and bend as much as you were able to bend yours? I'd be worried about it splintering at some point...

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
Juxtaroberto;4795378; said:
Very innovated. :thumbsup:

I've been thinking about something like this for mine, but didn't know what kind of material to use for the outside border. I like your design, but mine only has a 6.5' diameter, meaning approximately a 20.5 circumference. Would a length of 10.25' PVC be as flexible and bend as much as you were able to bend yours? I'd be worried about it splintering at some point...
Thanks. It should be. You could use half inch pipe instead of 3/4. I had to stand on the pipe to get it to bend and form to what i wanted. You could also use a thicker pipe and a bunch of 45 degree connectors. That way there is no bending, just cutting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store