MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
ming- rember my crossed cats post, where i was asking if they grew faster then parents

Size: Not known, but adult Red tails commonly hit 90cm/36" or more, and Tiger shovelnoses can get just as big. Some hybrids grow quicker and larger than either parent (something called hybrid vigour), so these are going to be monster catfish...

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
rayman45 said:
ming- rember my crossed cats post, where i was asking if they grew faster then parents
yes, and it says "Not known" simply because there isn't any that is bigger than the parents of this hybrid. and only certain hybrid develope that vigour.

I'm not arguing whether they do grow bigger than it's parents or not, just that you can't say they do, while having no proof.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
no im not trying to argue
vigour was what i was taling about

im off to bed
c u all tommrow

guesswho2005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Medowlakes,Alaska
mexican_fish_lover said:
so how do they cross different catfish?
Well first they put a male and female in the a tank by themselves, then they play soft music for hours and provide them room service. hopefully she gave in and they breed. Mostly they do it them selves he has and outy and she has a inny. Anyhting else you need!!!!!!!

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
guesswho2005 said:
Well first they put a male and female in the a tank by themselves, then they play soft music for hours and provide them room service. hopefully she gave in and they breed. Mostly they do it them selves he has and outy and she has a inny. Anyhting else you need!!!!!!!

LOL

They artificially fertilize the eggs i believe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store