I need help I wanna start a salt water setup

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
yea, i know about the "Cyclones". i'm not adding a sump. i meant that i'd like to have one for the nano (not the 50 breeder, lol.) down in the basement. my girl won't let me drill holes in the floor tho. i was looking at the Aquamaxx skimmer, but it looks like ya can't get the pump out for maintenance. that's a big no-no for me. i also was looking at an Octopus backpack. what is your favorite backpack? and what do ya think of the 2 i mentioned? oh, i also was looking at a couple Tunze skimmers, but they both go inside the tank, which i don't like.
I have never used either. I've only used the CPR bakpak 2 skimmer and it is definitely the best nano skimmer from what everyone's told me. I have never heard of the octopus so I did some googling and it sounds like overall its a lot bigger than the bakpaks and it's got more bells and whistles for the same price, but I don't know anyone who's ever used one and I've never seen them for sale. Tunzes are definitely great skimmers but you need to have a sump and you need to buy a pump to get water into it. You just gotta do a lot of research but all the lfs' in my area always recommend the CPR bakpak 2 for nanos. Depending on what your setup will be, there's the normal one and a reef ready one. They're both great.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

squillaempusa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2013
nj
I have never used either. I've only used the CPR bakpak 2 skimmer and it is definitely the best nano skimmer from what everyone's told me. I have never heard of the octopus so I did some googling and it sounds like overall its a lot bigger than the bakpaks and it's got more bells and whistles for the same price, but I don't know anyone who's ever used one and I've never seen them for sale. Tunzes are definitely great skimmers but you need to have a sump and you need to buy a pump to get water into it. You just gotta do a lot of research but all the lfs' in my area always recommend the CPR bakpak 2 for nanos. Depending on what your setup will be, there's the normal one and a reef ready one. They're both great.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
thanks man. that thing looks perfect, and exactly what i'm looking for. i was willing to spend over $200, but didn't want to. not only is this unit under 200, but the pump is in a good location and comes off. and most importantly, it sounds like the thing works.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store