I need some info on the captivity for a future tank

Zarganth

Feeder Fish
May 4, 2017
I am thinking of building my dad a tank between 300g-500g for his next birthday.

I want to add 1 or 2 bichirs though debating on the species I hear they grow about a ft less in captivity though I am worried about how wide I could build the tank/length, as wide as I could build would have to be between 24-26 inches then as tall as I can go is really what ever. I need to make sure the fish have enough space to turn without hitting the acrylic gonna have to get some measurements after him and my step mother move to make sure it will fit though the door so that is what it depends on.

Now for the species I want to add bichirs wise I want to add ether of the following

Ansorgii, Endli , Congicus. I really love the Congicus and or Endli but I want to get a idea of the direct with I will be needing.

I plan to have around 2-4 Oscar in the tank, I know my dad use to have a few as a kid so I know that make his day.

and I am thinking of finding someone with a unwanted over grown common pleco once the tank is made. That and since I will be building it in FL it be better to just find a local with a Pleco to big for their tank then for it to be released into a local river or stream.

In a sense I want to build a tank with monster fish, the tank will have a fluidlize sump with a tight fitting lid

I plan to use a fine substrate think more of a river like bed would work best and give the eels a nice happy home with some drift wood and other areas.

So in a sense 1-2 Bichirs, 2-4 Oscars and 1 near grown common Pleco.

The Bichirs and Pleco are well armored so they should be fine with some Oscar not to mention both are monster looking not to mention grow to sizes the Oscars should have no issues with.

Last edited:

Zarganth

Feeder Fish
May 4, 2017
Forgot to include a Guinean to my list, love them and the Cong body style very much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store