I setup a new Jellyfish tank.

noreaster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
New Brunswick
maxilaria;516690; said:
How warm do the oceans off the Canadian east cost get in the summer?
sorry ,I'm curious

The waters here at the mouth of the Bay of Fundy reach from 12 celcius in the open water up to a high of 21 22 c in some of the Smaller of more shallow bays. bays

And have seen some of the smaller bays water reach low temps of minus 0.1 c

Mantis411

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2007
Canada
that is true the bay is alot warmer then the atlantic, and i have heard of some decent diving there (i myself don't dive) but my oldest brother does and appairently there are some good islands to dive at (i think the best one is called deer island? but i could be wrong on that)

and ya more jelly pics and updates

Ben268

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Canada PEI/New Brunswick
Mantis411;2422197; said:
that is true the bay is alot warmer then the atlantic, and i have heard of some decent diving there (i myself don't dive) but my oldest brother does and appairently there are some good islands to dive at (i think the best one is called deer island? but i could be wrong on that)

and ya more jelly pics and updates
Deer island!!! ahaha my childhood camping spot! home of the biggest whirlpool in the world ya know. ;)

Anyways the whole Bay of Fundy is fantastic for life, i used to keep a couple of natives off of the beach, i kept a sculpin, a wolf fish, a green crab/hermit crab colony, a red-gilled nudibranch :D, and a crap load of amphipods where always swimming around (they bred easily, and sustained a small barnacle colony). These weren't all in the same tank obviously but some shared. My point is that theres alot of interesting things in the Bay of fundy, just off of the beach...you could get into flounder, squid, sea ravin, etc

A bit more on topic, I loved the Jellyfish idea, a pity he didn't keep it going, nice idea though.

here's a pic of the nudibranch i kept...i just loved the thing so much :headbang2
http://www.pbmphoto.com/m-99.htm

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store