Feeder Fish
Jul 31, 2022
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
A month ago I got 3 clown loaches. Recently we had changed the substrate of the tank. A few days later, white spots started showing up on the loaches. We assumed it was Ich but didn’t have any medicine on hand. So we raised the temperature to 85 degrees Fahrenheit and placed an order for Ich-X, the medication. It arrived 5 days after we first discovered the white spots.However when k got home that day, I found one of the loaches dead. So we quickly followed the instructions and made a 50% water change and added the medication inside. However, although we were supposed to see a big improvement the following morning, I woke up to find another loach dead. So now there’s only one left and although we did keep adding medicine and changing the water, it isn’t getting better. Last night I found out about the disease Epistylis. I thought it might’ve been that, since our medication isn’t working. So I followed the treatment tips and lowered the temperature. I also gave the last loach a salt bath this morning. But I really can’t decide if it’s Epistylis or Ich

C4FA5C21-C894-43B2-B3FD-CD26B04E6B4B.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d lean toward ich.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com