ICH questions

dave'stank

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Bradenton, Florida
My 2 cents - I would not add any medicines to a tank with clown loaches. As stated - just use the temp only method- I can tell you that it works. Add additional air supply during this process just to be safe. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
So I added a air pump. Did a large water change added api aquarium salt. Heat at 88 . One P. Bass Is definitely not going to make it. Appears to have HITH and isn't swimming right.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
It has a huge hole in its forehead and is breathing and moving fins but pretty much being tossed around in the current. Should I flush em?

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
temp is already at 88. turned heater down a little. i can add air stone i can take from another tank if needed but i have a hob filter agitating the water and have live plants , is this enough oxygen?
IIRC my biology, the plants will become a net consumer of oxygen when the lights are off. So, keep that in mind if you have a lot of plants and turn off your lights.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
heat and salt was a success. all loaches are spot free and super bright orange ! look really good. ones black was very greyish in color for a few days but now is black as the others. thanks to all for advice.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Because one of the stages of ich is a cyst that sits dormant in the substrate for some time, it is good to do frequent vacuuming, to remove them.
Just because there are no visible spots on the fish, does not mean ich has totally left the system.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Because one of the stages of ich is a cyst that sits dormant in the substrate for some time, it is good to do frequent vacuuming, to remove them.
Just because there are no visible spots on the fish, does not mean ich has totally left the system.
I vacuum weekly. There are also geos in there that move the sand constantly

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store