ID confirmation Bifa Zonatus Syns

BadOscar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Maine
In my order from Conkel I got 9 fish that are either Bifa Zonatus or Synspilus. Well they are growning up a little and I got 2 now that are starting to look a little different than the others. I know at least 5 are Bifa and at lease 1 is Synspilus and 1 is Zonatus based on what I ordered, 2 were freebies and could be anything. Let me know what you think.

I am thinking this is the Zonatus.

Here he is between 2 I think are Bifa.

And on the right of another 2 I think are Bifa.

Here is the second one that is starting to look different than the others. It does not show up in the pics but I see a lot of light blue in this ones face compared to the others. I am thinking synspilus because I know I have at least one but i'm not sure. I didn't think Syns had blue in the face?

And here he is with a couple I think are Bifa.

Here are a couple good shots of the ones I think are Bifa

And Here is a couple Group Shots with some of the others.

Modest_Man

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2006
Washington
I don't see any synspilum. The blue on the face would be zonatum. The ones with the solid bar are most likely bifa. The first fish is probably the dominant bifa.

Nemesis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
nyc
1st fish is a bifa, 2nd zonatus, and the ones you believe to be bifa look bifa.

BadOscar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Maine
Modest_Man;3933313; said:
I don't see any synspilum. The blue on the face would be zonatum. The ones with the solid bar are most likely bifa. The first fish is probably the dominant bifa.
Thanks, maybe that is the case. The one with the darker speckels is the biggest one. So maybe just the dominate one.

NorCaliCichlids;3933321; said:
I'd say they're more bifa than anything else. Were the fish not all bagged separately? I know Don does a good job of labelling his bags.
He did label good but we needed to fit them all in one box so they were mixed in one bag.

Nemesis;3933331; said:
1st fish is a bifa, 2nd zonatus, and the ones you believe to be bifa look bifa.
Fish in middle of first 2 pics, right of third, and top right of last pic are all the same fish.

NorCaliCichlids;3933364; said:
Did you order synspilum? I'm a bit confused here.
I did but he may have died.

cchhcc;3934175; said:
I don't see any syns either.
Thanks, is it posible a Syns still looks like bifa at this size? Seems like Bifa Syns and Zonatus are very hard to tell appart as juvi. I guess I need to wait longer and things will clear up with age.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store