ID Please?? Have no clue what these guys are??

onefowl1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
United States
So how many did you take home? I hope a few because it will be cool to see them develop as they grow and as not likely as it is there is a small chance that they could be crossed with something. They look like they might be less than 2 inches in the pics and look uniform to each other showing no obvious other species traits at this time. I have seen blood parrot crosses with texas where several of the fry colored like a texas but had the body of the blood parrot down to the open mouth and scrunched head.

anbrack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2013
GA
Yes I bought all 6 of them they had. No one knew what they were so they sold them to me for $1 each :) They were the size of the a quarter when I first brought them home. They are now double that and have stayed the same color. Can anyone tell me around what size they will start to change their colors?

onefowl1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
United States
There is no set size or age as to when or in some cases if they will change/fade or not. Usually the BP seem to change pretty young or small still but since we do not know for sure if they have a fresh dose of new fish genetics added or not and if so what it could be whenever. Some of the members on here have hybrids that waited years before finally fading.

Source310

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Phoenix az
Im pretty sure you cant find that fish out in the wild, unless its growing inside you

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store