ID please XINGU OR TEN ?

MonsterPeacock

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Colorado
xingus appear to be poping up all over the place.

Right...I surly feel their losing it's "rarer" title and soon to be no harder then getting a Mono..WTF!! I thought and was told by a supplier they were trying to limit the amount of Xingu sells in the US to try and keep it a "rarer" and harder cichla to get, thus keeping the price tag on them higher... The more they have out there and sell the more the price drops and the more common it becomes... SUX!!

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
Who is selling them right now?

Sent from my Desire HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
Right...I surly feel their losing it's "rarer" title and soon to be no harder then getting a Mono..WTF!! I thought and was told by a supplier they were trying to limit the amount of Xingu sells in the US to try and keep it a "rarer" and harder cichla to get, thus keeping the price tag on them higher... The more they have out there and sell the more the price drops and the more common it becomes... SUX!!
Price dropping on an awsome species......why would that suck?

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
THe price dropping is a good thing. We need more of this in the hobby. There are 3 pairs or more in the US alone. Too bad we dont see other variations of kelberi f1's or more azul f1's in the hobby.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
THe price dropping is a good thing. We need more of this in the hobby. There are 3 pairs or more in the US alone. Too bad we dont see other variations of kelberi f1's or more azul f1's in the hobby.
I don't see them becoming easier to come by in the near future,definitely not to the point that monos are anyway....Look at the azul which lately comes up for sale by a few vendors once or twice a year and are still pretty hard to come by and rare in the hobby.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I don't see them becoming easier to come by in the near future,definitely not to the point that monos are anyway....Look at the azul which lately comes up for sale by a few vendors once or twice a year and are still pretty hard to come by and rare in the hobby.
I agree with krichardson many pbass are still rare. I buy for enjoyment and not investment. I never flip any of my fish. Learning to keep them is the best part. Losing rare fish is the worst. Judging a fish for it's value is wrong.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store