ID? Spotted? Large Mouth Bass?

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Didn't notice the location. Because of weather conditions or laws?
0_o
I'm in Minnesota and there's ice on lakes already....there won't be any 3-4" bass swimming around at this time of year, just 8-10" ones.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
too bad you didn't do your research first, then it might actually be resting instead of just dead.
+ 1!!!!!!!!

I would add one more thing......do not buy bass from the fish market. Why would you buy that bass*in poor condition and disease ridden?

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
+ 1!!!!!!!!

I would add one more thing......do not buy bass from the fish market. Why would you buy that bass*in poor condition and disease ridden?
Who cares the both you get over your fixation of talking useless smack and quit critiquing. If you've been in the hobby long enough to be an OG you know buying fish out of impulse is common and have done it yourselves from time to time. You have no control of the matter so why are you guys sooo concerned an so willingly to talk crap? Get over it! Not your fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
You have no control of the matter so why are you guys sooo concerned an so willingly to talk crap?
really? so no control excuses everything? that kind of attitude will end you in jail.
I'm not talking crap, I'm having a respect for life, all of them, not just that of some plains monkey. yes, I made an animal impulse buy once. I kept my oscar for 2 years until he grew too large for the 90 because I was told he'd be fine for life. he went to the pet store and I've researched everything since.
I keep my impulse buys to things that won't die because of my stupidity.
in this case, if the research had been done first, at least it would have died for a purpose.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
0_o
I'm in Minnesota and there's ice on lakes already....there won't be any 3-4" bass swimming around at this time of year, just 8-10" ones.
Yes laws in Ontario. Bass fishing opens late here. I still feel it is too early as when bass season opens they are still guarding their fingerlings. There is a small amount of ice where I am as well but not much. I lived at a marina most of my life and I observed bass often. During winter there are still 3-5" bass as this is the size they reach by the end of fall. Then over winter they really don't grow. I see them in the spring at this size as well but as soon as temps warm up they reach the 7-10" mark really quick.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Yes laws in Ontario. Bass fishing opens late here. I still feel it is too early as when bass season opens they are still guarding their fingerlings. There is a small amount of ice where I am as well but not much. I lived at a marina most of my life and I observed bass often. During winter there are still 3-5" bass as this is the size they reach by the end of fall. Then over winter they really don't grow. I see them in the spring at this size as well but as soon as temps warm up they reach the 7-10" mark really quick.
Cool bro. Again it will be difficult to collect small bass under the ice. It is perfectly legal to keep bass for home aquarium here as long as it is count it as a part of limit. As for bass season opens too early, there have some studies being done on it and there are no evidence that it put a dent on bass populations. It was due to less people eating them and that they are filled in a niche (altered shorelines from human activities) where other predatory fishes won't be thriving or spawning in these areas. Largemouth bass fingerlings have low morality rate when you compared to other dominant predatory fishes in same waters. There's a reason why bass are rarely stocked because they don't need our help to populating the lakes.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Who cares the both you get over your fixation of talking useless smack and quit critiquing. If you've been in the hobby long enough to be an OG you know buying fish out of impulse is common and have done it yourselves from time to time. You have no control of the matter so why are you guys sooo concerned an so willingly to talk crap? Get over it! Not your fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
And that is why the research is so important instead of making more mistakes and in the end he lost the bass because of his mistakes. He could just pass up on that bass and left him at the fish market. Many fish at the fish markets are often in horrible conditions. Majority of the largemouth bass in the fish market are wild caught and they tends to stressed out after being removed from the gill nets and transported to the tanks. Their immunity is lowered to the point where the diseases can take over and may kill the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store