ID this fish for me please!

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Channel or Colombian it's not worth much. It looks like a channel as I used to have a albino channel cat and a large pair of Colombian's. Colombians are always swimming!!

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Channel or Colombian it's not worth much. It looks like a channel as I used to have a albino channel cat and a large pair of Colombian's. Colombians are always swimming!!
Again, are you too voting against Clarotes laticeps?

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
and again, are you 5?
BTW, the anal fin will tell it is a channel cat or not!
It merely didn't appear that the last two contributors read the whole thread but only the beginning... yet, I have been wrong before. I simply wanted to point out there was another proposal and to make sure what their thoughts were on the ID I had proposed. If it's a no, that'd be fine too but it's good to know. Do you see anything wrong with that?

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
Are you voting against Clarotes laticeps?
Again, are you too voting against Clarotes laticeps?
It merely didn't appear that the last two contributors read the whole thread but only the beginning... yet, I have been wrong before. I simply wanted to point out there was another proposal and to make sure what their thoughts were on the ID I had proposed. If it's a no, that'd be fine too but it's good to know. Do you see anything wrong with that?
see those comments that I put on red? I only see that kind of comment from a kid!

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
Channel is definitely ruled out. The Anal fin says Columbian shark. Most Columbians are always swimming unless of course they're stressed which he probably is due to the lack of salt in the water.
how can you say the anal fin is columbian shark when none of the pics really show the anal fin? the pelvic fin might look a bit more like columbian shark!
and the normal behavior of small channel cat is trying to hide or being lazy most of the time during the day and become more active at night!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store