Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
see those comments that I put on red? I only see that kind of comment from a kid!
I see :) :) :) That could be true indeed. I agree. I could have chosen a far better wording.

Maybe this is an empty supposition or maybe this is not but perhaps, it is safe to suppose that I've crossed some kind of lines in our one and only prior exchange here (http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?484559-Channel-cat-help&highlight=hung). So, I sincerely apologize and ask your forgiveness, bro. Next time, I ask that you tell me like it is right away, if you will. I believe I can take it and I can change. Thanks!

Let's go back to the problem at hand. I understand your firm inclination this is a channel cat but I side with those who say it is not. To me, it does not look like one even without ever seeing the anal fin. The whole body shape is too thin and torpedo-shaped than that of a channel cat.

Moreover, Ariidae, such as Colombian shark, have 6 barbels and lack the two nasal barbels that channels do have. Ictaluridae, such as channels, have 8 barbels. I cannot tell from those pics - not enough resolution - if the fish has nasal barbels. If anything, I think it does not.

Psylant

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Canada
I will try to get a couple more pictures tonight for you guys when I go to my friend's place. We moved the tank yesterday and he has all of those fish, minus the clowns. :)

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

Psylant

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Canada
Also, the fish swims non-stop and doesn't seem to eat much. Clean water has increased it's activity level a few million percent lol

twistedsnap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2009
southern il
Still a good looking cat i dont have a clue but i have caught channel cats Almost my whole life doesnt look like a channel to me but my opinion doenst matter there is people that know way morw about this r
Than i do.....
Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
well, with that anal fin there is doubt it is a columbian shark and not a channel:) you might need a salt water tank for it now!

Psylant

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Canada
Well... It got a lot more active and seemed healthier... but my friend who owned that cat just texted me saying it died. Very strange. Maybe taking it out of the previous owner's water was the kiss of death?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store