ID this plant?

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
I hope to stop by there again this afternoon, and odds are I'll buy it since I don't have any fish in the tank to worry about. If I do, I'll take pictures. I looked at Najas grass and it branches in a similar fashion, but the general shape is still much more like a clump of hairgrass and the leaves/stems are much thinner than the pictures I've seen of Najas.
Java Moss?

jstehman

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Omaha, NE
Cabomba sp.
Hydrothrix gardneri

Did you check the database on plantedtank.net?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

luvinbluegills

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
Pgh PA
Cabomba sp.
Hydrothrix gardneri

Did you check the database on plantedtank.net?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Yup, and I couldn't find it. I sure hope I'm not setting myself up to look like a dope...like it turns out to be a stretched out, dirty java moss or something!!

luvinbluegills

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
Pgh PA
That e. vivipara looks like close, but I'm not positive. Here's a cell phone shot I took of it in the store. It's not great but it'll give you an idea. I did buy it anyway, it's actually over a foot long! I'll take good shots when I get home later tonight. The dark spots which I first thought were snails are forks in the branches. I also got a Clover, Marsilea quadrifolia I think...or perhaps Marsilea drummondii... the mature leaves reached the top of the tank and smaller green carpeting type clover was around the base.

mystery plant.jpg

mystery plant.jpg

luvinbluegills

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
Pgh PA
Now that the cloudiness has cleared and everything is settled, here's a better shot of the plant. If you look at the individual strands/leaves you'll see that they branch near the top. It seems to be growing well! I think it is e. vivipara after all.

Plant new.jpg

Plant new.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store