ID

chirachai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bangkok,Thailand.
Excuse me sir.Would you mind please give me your explanations how you can tell which Datnioides came from? I mean from Indonesia or etc.,Thank you for your kindness,sir.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
chirachai;3267359; said:
Excuse me sir.Would you mind please give me your explanations how you can tell which Datnioides came from? I mean from Indonesia or etc.,Thank you for your kindness,sir.
Please read the stickys, datnoid I.D chart. All the info is there......

chirachai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bangkok,Thailand.
Thank you very much,sir. I have the paper " The Indo-Pacific tigerperches, with a new species from the Mekong basin (Pisces: Coiidae)." In 1994, Professor Roberts, T. R. and M. Kottelat were written in Genus Coius ,when they explained in Material examined ,they told that Datnioides which found in mainland Southeast Asia had 5 full bars but specimens from Borneo with 6-7 bars and then they used C.microlepis until in 1998,Professor Maurice Kottelat wrote the paper "
Fishes of the Nam Theun and Xe Bangfai basins, Laos, with diagnoses of twenty-two new species (Teleostei: Cyprinidae, Balitoridae, Cobitidae, Coiidae and Odontobutidae). " In 112-113,he described Datnioides pulcher has 4-5 broad bars on body. And " Fishes of Laos." also described inland Datnioides pulcher ,too.In Thailand , many can identified this fish is D.pulcher from Indonesia or D.microlepis from Vietnam and in Fishbase prove that D.microlepis is native fishes. I think Is possible or not that both D.microlepis and D.pulcher was traded to these countries.Thank you for your kindness,sir.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store