id?

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Tom;3823890; said:
Your first retic that you posted IS a Red "Caqueta" Retic.

Have you confirmed that it is eating yet?
when i introduced it...it hit the bottom with its mouth open and hasn't closed it for more then 5 min...oh it eats and eats and eats

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Gshock;3824217; said:
Theres a HUGE difference between the first picture posted by the OP and this:

Safe to say it is NOT caqueta...

thats the same thing i was thinking...i think it is a reg. retic, but the tail spikes keep confusing me...there are so many people that say that retics don't have them, will get them or will lose them with time:nilly::nilly::nilly: ...there doesn't seem to be a sure clear cut answer for them...

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
Personally, I haven't seen a retic I with tubercles, but i havent kept that many retics. I dont see why it isnt possible for retics to also have them as well, since, they are just oversized denticles, which every single ray has. It does seem like its a retic, it doesn't seem like its a hybrid either. Either way, going by tail pattern and disc pattern, it seems like its 100% retic.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
i am not disapointed...i like retics...i can't wait to see the pups...with her being so light and my male being chestnut...

avishay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2008
Israel
It might be a caqueta. You may want to look at the post I had sometime ago. This is quite a difficult fish, I had no luck - hard feeding. How does it work for you?

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
avishay;3825932; said:
It might be a caqueta. You may want to look at the post I had sometime ago. This is quite a difficult fish, I had no luck - hard feeding. How does it work for you?
it eats with out hesitation and is very active...the guy that had it before me feed it leaches that he cut the suckers off, and the store was giving it black worms as am i...i saw your thread, before i posted this one...

avishay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2008
Israel
sbuse;3827363; said:
it eats with out hesitation and is very active...the guy that had it before me feed it leaches that he cut the suckers off, and the store was giving it black worms as am i...i saw your thread, before i posted this one...

You are lucky. It is a beautiful ray, in my mind, and very small and compact.
I am sorry (my English is not good enough), what is leaches? I would love to know how to treat the Caqueta.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store