Ideas for stocking a 280 gallons tank

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
Bass and arowana will be a nice combination. You can have an RTG or Chillie red arowana with some smaller peacock bass varieties. Orinos, Kelberi etc. would be very nice. The tank would be very peaceful too with minimum aggression.

MarineMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Southern California
From what I've read in your posts your primary goal is a breeding pair and fish that will eat a lot of feeders. Unless you make it a species only tank, you're going to have a hard time keeping any of the fry to grow out. The jaguar pair, 2-3 peacock bass, arrowana combo should work, but if you want to keep any of the fry you're going to need to put the divider in the tank or pull the fry at 2-3 weeks before they become too adventurous. If you don't the other fish will eat them.

TheCichlidMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Romania
That s great i may go on jag pair arowana and 3 peacock bass but what about snakeheads can 2 channa micropeltes be kept in this 280 as i know they get big ?

TheCichlidMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Romania
also i d like to have 2 clarias batrachus a jag pair and 2-3 peacock bass and there's a bit more room without arowana ....a liitle help could this work ?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
mate, you cant keep any of your combo's in that tank, i have a 300g and its not a very big tank at all 2x 18'' fish and it will look cramped... have you ever seen a 2ft micro, that is huge mate and they will be closer to 3ft in time, so not even one long term pal!!! people aint answering because your dreaming... have a read through the stickys in the species pages and you will understand, a silver aro's min tank size alone without other fish is stated as 450g! do some reseach bud.

do a pair of golden cobra snakeheads, that would be a nice size tank for those, they max out around 2ft!-)

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
also i d like to have 2 clarias batrachus a jag pair and 2-3 peacock bass and there's a bit more room without arowana ....a liitle help could this work ?
The Managuense would slaughter the other fish or beat them constantly. Not enough roomful what you want

Sent from my VS840 4G

TheCichlidMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Romania
i'm sorry for making mistakes and mixing fish wrong but that's only becouse it's my frist tank this big...i had a 50 gallons tank with an oscar and jd pair for 3 years and i m not at the start of fish keeping and i want something bigger and this 280 is the maximum i can afford and that's why i ask what's better for this tank : an only species tank with a big pair or a community tank with few larger predators ? and i want examples for both choices wich fish i can keep , thank you very much

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store