Identification of this barracuda?

obea5to

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Hey all this is my first post here not sure exactly where to post it but I needed help identifying this barracuda or should I say the exact species it is. It is about 7 inches long if that helps any. thanks for the help!

IMG_0124.JPG

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Not a barracuda. Looks like striped pike characin as it's commonly called

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
If that is a marine species have you posted your question in the general salt forum?

obea5to

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Yea it is a marine species I just did not know where to post this as this is my first post

Reactions: tlindsey

obea5to

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
In a way I'm hoping it's not a great barracuda or something that grows huge I bought the tank from my buddy and he set it up an all while I was at work and text me saying he gave me the fish as well with the tank he said he didn't know what it was and it killed all his fish and when I got home and saw it now I obviously know why he wanted to get rid of it and he definitely knew what it was because I heard these things get huge haha just seeing what I got myself into

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Is it in freshwater setup O obea5to ? I've seen them on rare occasion for sale as freshwater. That and mangrove snappers too. Long term don't seem to do well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store