I'm an idiot can I fix it?

piscavore pisces

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2005
worldwide
Shot in the dark but If you live anywhere near southeast PA I can sell you my thirty for thirty. Not using it now but if it's just sitting there, I'm bound to put something in it.
Thanks for the offer. I'm in Northern CA n already got a replacement. Think I'll use the messed up one for a nightcrawler farm or something

badassissimo

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Mansfield, Louisiana, U.S.A.
Sorry that happened. I'm going to assume you bought a new one on sale to have a good looking sump. You can peel the molding carefully and replace that pane of glass with one off another equal dimension aquarium. I've done that with my finds that I resell. If you don't care what it looks like and I don't know why you would if it's out of sight/out of mind, patch it with scrap panes like others suggested and reseal as needed. It'll get by. I guess the biggest motivation overall is quality versus quantity. You can definitely find an aquarium in a garage sale or on LetGO or craigslist for cheap. I picked up a dirty 75 gallon with a stand, pumps, accessories, and light for $40. She gave me a 10 gallon running with hood, pumps, dino bichir and gouramis as well. I came away with a free 75 gallon with stand that I setup my way on my steam for free.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
My father had a 20g with a crack like that, only bigger. Filled the hole with silicone and used the tank for years after, with no problems. Sold it when we got the family 55.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; After chips in all glass tanks I came up with a way to protect edges. Clear Plastic corners can be modified to go on the outside of glass tanks. What I have used are meant to cover the outside corners of wallpaper jobs. They come in various lengths. They are usually a bit too wide to suit me so I trim the width. I adhear them to my tanks with clear silicone.

Reactions: J. H.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store