I'm done with rays.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Nic;1394203; said:
do your tanks still flow to each other??? maybe something in one of the other tanks ran to that one?? rays are a lil bit more sensative than others...
I changed that about 4 months ago. I need to update that thread too lol

They all drain independently.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
im more impressed with my memory and remembering that LOL....hmm im out of options levi... Dont give up on rays i just got rid of my tiger ray the other day she died @ 9" with a 17" tail :( just started to get all dark and beautifull too

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
Sorry for your loss. My Rays died suddenly too. Were doing fine when I left for work dead when I got home 8hrs later.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
Nic;1394145; said:
i run ocean clear canisters on my return lines filled with chemipure found it keeps my water more stable plus removes heavy metals etc.... sorry for your loss levi i would deffinatly add another carbon block or 2 to your drip just for the what if... Li had posted a site before that has a carbon that does break down chloramines maybe add one of them???
:):):):):):):):):)

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
That sucks :(

Don't give up.. we need more good raykeepers.. It's not your fault!

I always used Chemi-pure when importing rays, heard lots of good stuff about it..

john C

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
ohio
sorry about your ray
i just lost a big f motoro a couple days ago
i have been working on pluming my rubber maid tanks bulk heads are in and drain is almost complete. now there is question about drip system. hopefully no copper in the tank a lot of people use this type of system. actually i printed your thread for reference to make a drip system. keep us posted
john

barley pop

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2006
IL
sorry for your loss rally

and i think this thread has talked me out of trying a ray :(

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
rallysman;1394153; said:
As far as my tests tell (and the water reports) we don't have chloramine. I'll do some more digging to be sure, but I think if that was the case my other fish would suffer as well. Every other tank on my drip has been fine. The only "quick" problems I've had have been with rays.
Might not be chloramine.. its hard to tell what the water company pumps into your pipe nowadays. They could have had a contamination or introduced a chemical or increased the dosage. I know from experience, ( from talking to my local lfs ) in NJ that this is a common occurrence here.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
redtailfool;1396677; said:
Might not be chloramine.. its hard to tell what the water company pumps into your pipe nowadays. They could have had a contamination or introduced a chemical or increased the dosage. I know from experience, ( from talking to my local lfs ) in NJ that this is a common occurrence here.
I'll call and check with them. Hopefully they're not the moronic mouth breathers that I think they are.

mshuangchao

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2007
China - 珠海
Sorry to hear that, it's a bit wierd to have them die so suddenly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store