i'm wanting some plecos

saltydog_1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2006
st louis
i just don't know which ones ha. i have two tanks that i want to add a pleco or two to. one is a 300 gal. acrylic, so i don't want anything that would destroy it. it is scratched a little as is, so i'm not too worried i just don't want to come home to a tank that looks like it had a grinder run on the inside of it. that tank is a comm. tank no real aggression. the other tank is a 120 gal. glass tank with one fish, a red tiger mota, he's not real friendly. i don't know if he would bother a bottom dweller or not, i do know he won't tolerate other cichlids or arrowana. let me have some ideas. btw if the mota did get rough the pleco would be moved to a 125 gal. so no worries there.

408smokin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
At home
don't get the common cause they will suck on your fishs on there slim coat. I use to hace a 11' watermelon royal pleco before in my 300g, he keep to himself!

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Stay away from any of the panaques, they will tear up your acrylic. Are you wanting larger
or medium size ones. High vegetarian or high protein eating plecos. I personally like the
higher protein eaters as I don't have to worry as much about veggies.
Something to think about. I am partial towards the Pseudacanthicus species, but they
are currently banned from exporting out of Brazill, except the L114 which is nice. Have
seen some locally in our area. I have some L273 but not getting rid of any until I can
sex them.

If you want some Hypancistrus, I have 4 lower Xingus that I am looking to rid.
If interested let me know through PM and I will send you some pics. Also you can look
through some of my threads for the photos.

saltydog_1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2006
st louis
looking more for meat eaters, something to help with all the food that hits the bottom. i like the blue phantoms (not sure what they eat), queen abaresque, vampire plecos, or ..... give me some ideas. i don't want a 18 in. fish maybe more like 8-10 in. and out of the ordinary. i could go smaller, but i would'nt want to go smaller than my spotted raphael.

bigfishsmallpond

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2006
wolverine lake mi
L-47,14,114,24,155, adonis, rhino pleco all get big

saltydog_1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2006
st louis
i think i'm gonna go with some L066 in the 300gal. still thinking about the 120, tell me about rubberlips.

saltydog_1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2006
st louis
i will look into it (the L091) keep the ideas coming

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store