I'm with Sharp Knife removing Fungus from my Turtle bottom shell.

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
DevilMind;3439619; said:
i thing i can across is that. my turtle is not Pooping(****ing) anymore for last 4 days.
what is it happening?
-i was till now feeding it boiled chicken & fish 3 times a day.
That is defenetly to much food. Let her starve for a few days and then see. This guys die from to much food, hardly for to litle for grown ups
-my turtle never wants to stay in water. even if its warm water.
Actualy you dont need to heat the water, this turtle is native from your area and its ok at room temperature. If she doesant want to be in the water could be many things, she is unconfortable because water conteiner to small, cold, warm,etc, she wants to try to find a bigger water area, she has a respiratory desiase (wich could be really bad) or she has eggs and wants to find a place to lay them (got any posssibilitys to take a x-ray of her?) If she has eggs things aint good at all and if thats the case you should seriously consider releasing her, turtles need lots of space with suitable substrate out of the water for them to serch for a proper place to lay them at their will ,lots of peace and cover. Thats why I told you that the better way to house her would be in a outdoor pond, indoors people unless they can convert their rooms in a swamp have hard time providing for their female turtles the sandy areas they need to lay

DevilMind

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Pakistan
- i have completely removed the Dry bone from bottom shell of my turtle.
-I will get its x-ray tomorrow for the Eggs.
-I have been searching for UV lights since last 2 days & shop keepers don't have them.
-today i came Across UVA & UVB lights, shop keeper had it in Medical/Therapy section [so is this the one should i buy?] (people & not even Fish Shops have UV lights for Animals).
-what wave length Lights do i need? How many watts? how much long should be the size of Tube Light Rods? He has UVA in 2 feets & UVB in 8 inches(they were of 35 watts & 12 watts i think).
-but as in all pics i have seen people have Study lamp & one UV light. what is that for? or I'm going after wrong stuff??

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
DevilMind;3439890; said:
- i have completely removed the Dry bone from bottom shell of my turtle.
Excelent:D
-I will get its x-ray tomorrow for the Eggs.
Owesame, you should see quite clearly the eggs
-I have been searching for UV lights since last 2 days & shop keepers don't have them.
-today i came Across UVA & UVB lights, shop keeper had it in Medical/Therapy section [so is this the one should i buy?] (people & not even Fish Shops have UV lights for Animals).
-what wave length Lights do i need? How many watts? how much long should be the size of Tube Light Rods? He has UVA in 2 feets & UVB in 8 inches(they were of 35 watts & 12 watts i think).
-but as in all pics i have seen people have Study lamp & one UV light. what is that for? or I'm going after wrong stuff??
I think you are overenfatizing the uv ligths thing. Uv ligths are to allow animals to sintetize vitamin D3 that then allows calcium to be absorved and are exencial to herbivorus animals wich cant use oral vit D3. But this aint no herbivor animal and it can use oral vit D3 wich you can find in things like meat specialy liver, woule fish and even good quality dog and cat food (wich you can also use to suplement its diet, pellets soak first a bit). Uv ligth like from the sun its benefecial but it isnt crucial for most turtles including softys. Insted focus on giving your turt the biggest aquarium, tank, etc you possibly can, that will make it happy;)

DevilMind

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Pakistan
i heard UV-B light kills germs in Water. so is it good for Turtle's Tank??
in my room their is no Sun light. so what should i do about sun light for turtle??

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
DevilMind;3440182; said:
i heard UV-B light kills germs in Water. so is it good for Turtle's Tank??
Unless you were dealing with a really sensitive turt species wich isnt the case you dont need that kind of uv, complete overkill. Water changes with some frequence its all you need
in my room their is no Sun light. so what should i do about sun light for turtle??
Is there ambient ligth? If yes your turt can say if its nigth or if its day. As a adicion you could instal a basking ligth to use like a few hours each day so your turt could bask at its will but first you need to correct your setup. You could do a really cool thing, wille you see if you can find abigger tank, you could get your current one, build a wood box big enough for your tank to fit inside it, walls tall enough to prevent your turt excaping, fill the empty space beetwen the box and the tank with sand with a bit of vegetable soil and voila, instant enclosure with beach:D and then you can fill your tank to the top with water so your turt can use the entire space to swim. Then all you have to do is use a bit your imaginacion to make it more confy, put some smood rocks on land, a nice peace of cork to allow your turt to go in and out, if the place gets enough ligth you could even use some hardy plants, your turt has space to lay their eggs at its will and the final result could be stunning. You could even put glass on front so you can wach better.

DevilMind

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Pakistan
HEEYYY MAANNN
i got 2 bad news & 1 good news.

Bad news 1:
I have not been able to go to Vet or any other human hospital to get x-ray for the eggs.

Bad news 2:
because of my college timing & month of Ramazan (holy Muslim month during which all shops, colleges & companies have half day through the month) i have not able able to get time to build New home for my turtle & buy sand for its water.

Good News:
So for last week. i kept it in shoe box with cotton around it & it slept good.
for last 1-2 weeks my turtl has been sleeping all day (most of the time).
but now i saw in shoe box. IT HAS LAID 4 EGGS!!!!.
- plz tell me is their a way to know are they fertile or not???
- where should i keep the eggs??
- what conditions & environment do the eggs need?
- do the eggs need to be near my turtle in the box??
- I don't know that if My turtle had Male partner before. As you know i only got this turtle last month. And no one in my family knows about its history. My aunt bought it Young or just few months ago we don't know for sure. that is why we don't even know Eggs are Fertile or not.

Plz help me. I'm excited & as well as Worried for my turtle now even more.

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
DevilMind;3452624; said:
HEEYYY MAANNN
i got 2 bad news & 1 good news.

Bad news 1:
I have not been able to go to Vet or any other human hospital to get x-ray for the eggs.

Bad news 2:
because of my college timing & month of Ramazan (holy Muslim month during which all shops, colleges & companies have half day through the month) i have not able able to get time to build New home for my turtle & buy sand for its water.

Good News:
So for last week. i kept it in shoe box with cotton around it & it slept good.
for last 1-2 weeks my turtl has been sleeping all day (most of the time).
but now i saw in shoe box. IT HAS LAID 4 EGGS!!!!.
- plz tell me is their a way to know are they fertile or not???
- where should i keep the eggs??
- what conditions & environment do the eggs need?
- do the eggs need to be near my turtle in the box??
- I don't know that if My turtle had Male partner before. As you know i only got this turtle last month. And no one in my family knows about its history. My aunt bought it Young or just few months ago we don't know for sure. that is why we don't even know Eggs are Fertile or not.

Plz help me. I'm excited & as well as Worried for my turtle now even more.
Your rigth to be worried. It is absolutlety inperative that you handle your turtle as gently as possible because if one egg breaks inside her bye bye turt. I say keep the eggs, incubating its easy, better then trowing away good eggs. First things first. I suposed she has been given at least one once a day soak? Now you know why she doesant want to be on the water. It is also very inportant that as soon as possible you take her to be X-rayed to see if she has eggs to be layed, if yes she needs a place to lay NOW! Or tell you what, better yet, you provide it anyways because that will spear her of all the stress of being out of her normal envoirement, now you know that she produces eggs and you will need that with some regularity. Get a big and deep plastic box and fill it with moist sand at the least as deep as her length, and make shure she cant excape. SHE MUST NOT FALL and also leave her alone as possible. You can also see if she has more eggs if you put her in the water and if she wants to stay in the water and serch for food she is unlikely to have more.
Have you seen my last post before this one? That could be the better solucion if you cant have a bigger tank;) but if are going to get a bigger tank you can also increase the area for laying eggs this way.
Now the eggs. First they need to be taken out and incubated, she will not care for them. Get a plastic taperware, make some hollows on the cap, and your going to fill it with sligthly moist sand (dont use sand for construcion, only natural sand) burry the eggs half way, put the cap and thats it. Dont turn or handle the eggs they must remain on the same possicion they were laid. Put them in a warm room, away from sunligth and people trafic. They dont need special heat because this turt is native from your area.

DevilMind

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Pakistan
i don't know the exact possition they were layed. because i did take it out & put it into plastic tupperware before with cotton cloths around it, so that turtle does not smashes the eggs.
- how much eggs will it lay?
- u said "make some hollows on the cap" what do mean by hollows? or u meant holes??
- how much time does it takes to hatch?? because i don't know are they fertile or not.
- should the Plastic Box with eggs placed in room (we at night turn on AC & turtle still wants to sleep in AC(air conditioner) room in its box. So eggs should be kept in same room? also in my other room we turn on Fan ( is fan good for Eggs?). or it should be kept in No Air Conditioners, No Fans Room??

- and i see its skin pealing off from upper shell & i think the bone shell gets visible & touchable. Skins peals off if i kept turtle in water for least 12 hours. Now plz tell me again how to cure this problem of upper shell.
- now i didn't apply the anti-bacterial cream & povidine iodine on it because i think it may be harmful for her because ishe is laying eggs??

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
DevilMind;3452998; said:
i don't know the exact possition they were layed. because i did take it out & put it into plastic tupperware before with cotton cloths around it, so that turtle does not smashes the eggs.
Doesant matter much, put them as similar as you can to the possicion they were originaly founded
- how much eggs will it lay?
Can easily lay 7 eggs or more
- u said "make some hollows on the cap" what do mean by hollows? or u meant holes??
Yes hollows for oxigen change
- how much time does it takes to hatch?? because i don't know are they fertile or not.
Can take a long time, at least a copple of mouths and Lissemys have one of the longest incubacion periods in softys, many mouths
- should the Plastic Box with eggs placed in room (we at night turn on AC & turtle still wants to sleep in AC(air conditioner) room in its box. So eggs should be kept in same room? also in my other room we turn on Fan ( is fan good for Eggs?). or it should be kept in No Air Conditioners, No Fans Room??
No air condicioner or fans for both mom and eggs

- and i see its skin pealing off from upper shell & i think the bone shell gets visible & touchable. Skins peals off if i kept turtle in water for least 12 hours. Now plz tell me again how to cure this problem of upper shell.
Just keep the turtle clean and it will heal by itself. Are you shure she is not injuring herself by contact with the conteiner? And by the way you keeping her in a shew box because she doesant want to be in the water and you dont have anywere else to put her rigth? Because and once again that is hardly the rigth way to house a turtle let alone one in her condicion but should be ok if its really very temporary but worry because if retains a egg out of stress or pass laying condicion and you will have a very hards time finding a vet that will treat her there, bye bye turtle. Give her a soak at least once a day and give her a egg laying box a soon as you can, better yet put your tank empty, fill it with sligthly moist sand and put her there insted of in the shew box and in a quiet room with no brigth ligths, hopefully she will dig her nest and lay the rest of the eggs if she has more.
- now i didn't apply the anti-bacterial cream & povidine iodine on it because i think it may be harmful for her because ishe is laying eggs??
Use only the antibacterial cream wich shouldnt afect her at all but be REALLY carefull and soft on your moves and if possible put on the cream without interfering with her to prevent stress . Best of luck, you will need it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store