Impressed with my new Freshwater LED setup

cacichilds

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2012
NJ
I had a custom 48" strip built by BUILDmyLED.com

I have no kickback from them or affiliation at all, but wow. Their customer service, knowledge and final product meet and exceeded anything I could have hoped for.

Their build your own spectrum really left me confused at first, but their willingness to customize what you want based on fish, tank style, size, substrate color was just awesome.

I'm running about 5,400 lumens, this is not rated , but true lumen of visible light. I've found out that most leds' lumen count is before loss is calculated. My spectrum is 6,500k's 625nm red and 730 nm red.

Take a look at the fixture then the before and after. (Basic marine-land double bright led vs buildmyled.com's build.

*** This spectrum was specifically designed to showcase my wild caught, pied ball, Amphilophus Labiatus. This was designed to pump the reds and oranges yet still provide the power for plants if opted and the overall brightness factor was just unreal. My whole office glows from this thing.

IMG_3413.JPGIMG_3508.JPGspec.jpg

IMG_3413.JPG

IMG_3508.JPG

lighting differencesmalljpg.jpg

spec.jpg

rdKirby

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2013
Texas
Niiiiiiiiiice. And +1 to the full tank shot

Sent from my LG-LS696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cacichilds

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2012
NJ
Niiiiiiiiiice. And +1 to the full tank shot

Sent from my LG-LS696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Soon the new piece of driftwood I swapped in is still leaking some Tannin; so big ole water change and some purigen and It's on =) lol.

Thanks tho.

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
Led provides a heck of good lighting for your setup but it is expensive as hell, at least in my neck of the woods, they ask too much money for it so I think I pass for now.

cacichilds

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2012
NJ
build my led does a 6ft fixture for 380$ + shipping, not too much when you consider no bulb replacement / less power draw.
+1 . T-5 bulbs in 3yrs is the same cost almost. And Buildmyled has a 3yr warranty. And it's waterproof w/ less energy consumption. It's just a bigger up front cost.

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
I built a 27000 lumen 6 foot led from parts available on about for $200...

I am running 9:3:3 White:Blue:Hydro Pink

works like a charm!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store