Indoor pond fish suggestions

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi I’m going to set up an indoor pond in the near future and I’m looking for suggestions. These are the fish I’m considering, but feel free to make additional suggestions. I would like to add some, but not all of the following and don’t worry about size of the pond, I’ll buy the pond after I know which fish will be going in
Larger polypterus like ornates and endis
Smaller p bass like kelberi
Ripsaw cat
Giraffe cat
Odoe pike
Smaller gar
These are what I’m considering so far and would like 3-4 fish total
Thanks for any input

Reactions: tlindsey

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
Hi I’m going to set up an indoor pond in the near future and I’m looking for suggestions. These are the fish I’m considering, but feel free to make additional suggestions. I would like to add some, but not all of the following and don’t worry about size of the pond, I’ll buy the pond after I know which fish will be going in
Ripsaw cat
Giraffe cat
Odoe pike
Smaller gar
Thanks for any input
Ripsaw or giraffe catfish are a must. A pond with no catfish, that would be INSANE. Plus they will provide some bottom movement, help in eating lefovers and give you the opportunity to HAND FEED.
A peacock bass will not only provide some sick colouration, but also some extraordinary feeding experiences, which i find extremely cool in monster fish. It will also fill in the middle or mid portion of the pond.
Last but DEFINITELY not least, the renowned gar.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Ripsaw or giraffe catfish are a must. A pond with no catfish, that would be INSANE. Plus they will provide some bottom movement, help in eating lefovers and give you the opportunity to HAND FEED.
A peacock bass will not only provide some sick colouration, but also some extraordinary feeding experiences, which i find extremely cool in monster fish. It will also fill in the middle or mid portion of the pond.
Last but DEFINITELY not least, the renowned gar.
I like the idea! But I think it would be a gar or bass, I don’t know if I’d mix them

Reactions: AR1

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Ripsaw cat
Giraffe cat
Odoe pike
Smaller gar
Thanks for any input
Ripsaw catfish and 2 Florida Gar would be my choice.

Trouser Bark

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2022
That's going to be a hell of a big indoor pond to house all that.

It's been my experience that of the different Peacocks the Kelberi has a tendency to not only be the smallest but also the most likely to cause trouble in the hen house. I've got a little Kelberi that's about 10" long and he'll go up against a two foot Mono no problem. Runs around flaring all the time. Has no idea he's not the tank rooster. I sometimes walk in expecting to see his heinder hanging out the mouth of something much larger but noop... not yet.

Surrounded by a bunch of similarly sized fish though I bet he'd be a complete richard.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
That's going to be a hell of a big indoor pond to house all that.

It's been my experience that of the different Peacocks the Kelberi has a tendency to not only be the smallest but also the most likely to cause trouble in the hen house. I've got a little Kelberi that's about 10" long and he'll go up against a two foot Mono no problem. Runs around flaring all the time. Has no idea he's not the tank rooster. I sometimes walk in expecting to see his heinder hanging out the mouth of something much larger but noop... not yet.

Surrounded by a bunch of similarly sized fish though I bet he'd be a complete richard.
It’s not all of that, I’d like to pick 3 from the list or some other suggestions in the 1-2’ range

Trouser Bark

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2022
At every feeding there's at least a quart or two of water that gets tossed out of the tank.

And yeah... it's the Peacocks. Ought to be a fun pond.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store