Info on a blue dolphin fish?

smellsfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
I just bought a fish called a blue dolphin. I can't find any information on this fish online. The only thing I can think of is it has a different common name. If anyone can classify this fish and have any info on it, I would appriciate it.
+It is young at about 2 1/2 inches
+ Freshwater
+ Its white on the bottom and a bluish gray on top.
+Looks looks almost like a saltwater shark but with one dorsal fin, pointy doral fin
+keeps an open mouth and stays around the bottom of my tank.
+ It also has tiny eyes.
+ tons of energy

Thank you for any information
-Steve

oscar1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2005
i,ve seen this fish before but by another name i will find out fir u when i think of it

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
When I did a search under blue dolphin fish most of what showed up were pubs.
I did find this, Cyrtocara moorii "Hap moorii" (Blue Dolphin) Is that it? Cool fish.

c-moorii2.jpg

c-moorii4.jpg

seighten

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2005
michigan
i say, judging by the photos on the oscarspot link... that the fish in his picture is a moorri, albeit a pale one....

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
cuban jey said:
heres pics
If it is a Cetopsis cat, it requires strong currents and heavy oxygenation. Can possibly be kept with heavily armored fish since it is common for this catfish to bite chunks out of any scaleless tankmates. It's a known corpse feeder and will tunnel into the abdominal cavities of larger animals and gorge itself from the inside out. In captivity, feed Cetopsis sparingly. In the wild it is an opportunistic feeder and will eat until it can't hold any more then, regurgitate it's meal in order to be able to continue feeding. These disgorges will quickly sour a tank and kill tankmates and the dolphin cat itself. This catfish is definitely one to put the odd in oddball catfish.

Reactions: Slayer77 and Hendre

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I like the cob the moori get, I wonder if it is just during mating, the dolphin cat is very cool, Oddball, do you know where they are from? how big they get? where they can be bought?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store