Ingrown Toe Nail.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
oh, and once u get it out if u let it grow out a bit and let it grown for awhile it seems to help. since i did that i havnt had them. i still keep them short but not as short as i used to

oTo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2010
North America, NY
Go to the doctor. I had one earlier this year and it was terrible. It hurt to put shoes on, it was excruciating when I stubbed my toe and it was infected.

I went to the doctor, he numbed it (the needle going into my toe was the worst part of the visit), cut the nail all the way back to the matrix and bandaged me up. My toe was numb for the next day but it was instantly better. He recommended that I come back if it returned and he would cauterize the root of the nail.

I had it clipped in March and it still has not come back.

This can be caused by either trimming the nail improperly or damaging the matrix of the nail.

Thalan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2008
jacksonville
My brother and I used to get them all the time. I had part of mine deadened but his were really bad so they killed the whole nail on both big toes. They grew back crazy thick a few years later so now his toes look insane.

Cross127

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2006
CT
Had one bad on my big toe. Infected as well. It pussed all the time so i said i am tired of this! Grabbed a clipper and a pick and pulled that sucker out, cut it and keep cutting my nails and haven't had one since.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
I had them in both big toes ones and one big toe 2nd time and removed by the doctors each time (i was also younger at the time and didnt know I can do it myself) and it hurt like heck.... the firest time they were removed it was fine the second time it got infected and it was all nasty for a few days and blahhhh. I hated it. I still get it in one big toe but not bad and I can cut it out easily. They def. hurt though. Once you cut it out you can soak it in epsom salt or whatever and it helped me.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
DIY FTW :headbang2

AROWANA_MAN

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2006
Japari Park
twitter.com