Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
0ppm
If yes, what is your nitrite?
0ppm
If yes, what is your nitrate?
0ppm
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
My 5” Tiger Oscar tried to eat my 5” Silver Arowana. This is my first Arowana so I’m looking for advice from experienced keepers on treatment.
They were in a 125g but I have since separated the Arowana to a 75g by himself. The pellets are from trying to get him to eat.
EB5CBA6B-B0B8-4BD5-B796-8DE5986D8325.jpeg

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
I would just do the usual routine for something like this, keep the water clean and keep the environment as stress-free as possible for the fish. it's good that you've separated the fish from the aggressor. I would keep it separated until the Arowana puts more size over the oscar, as a 5-inch oscar is a lot more fish than a 5-inch Arowana. Your main concern now should be preventing any secondary bacterial infections, since a shredded gill plate and fin are survivable for an Arowana. I would keep some anti-bacterial meds on hand to be used as soon as something seems strange with the fish. Other than that, it should heal up fine given that your water quality is pristine. I would hold off on feeding for a few days, until the fish's condition improves, and try to feed with something that would be more likely to elicit a feeding response, like bloodworms instead of pellets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store