inspiration for 800 gallon low tech planted tank

vincel892

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2019
Anyone have pictures/threads of large low tech planted tanks, around 700-800 gallon (2000-3000 L) range?
I'm looking for inspiration for a 720 gallon plywood aquarium that I have, viewing windows on left and front. Currently housing some peacock bass and datnoids. Will likely keep the datnoids and eventually hoping to keep some altum angelfish if I can get some F1/tank raised.
For low maintenance, I will likely be avoiding any stem plants and stick to plants like anubias and ferns.
Any suggestions are welcome !

Pic of tank from 2021. Fish are bigger now. No longer have the oscar and BD ray
20210715_001331.jpg

Ansorgii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2016
South-West-Germany
I can recommend you some plants:

- Crinum natans
Undestructable, actually grows fast with good light, looks great in waterflow and gets massive. I once had a plant that had leaves around 2,5m long

- ceratopteris cornuta
Swimming plant, grows extremely fast, forms large colonies with a central plant and lots of green above and below the water line. My plants reach 60×60cm before I throw them out, a great way to remove nutrients.

- Cryptocoryne aponogetifolia
Hardy and form great colonies, do well in currents.

I have also seen a pred tank that was just wood and luscious moss, but I have no idea how he made it. Moss dies the moment I touch it. I can send you a pic of it but its not mine, so I dont wanna post it online.

vincel892

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2019
I can recommend you some plants:

- Crinum natans
Undestructable, actually grows fast with good light, looks great in waterflow and gets massive. I once had a plant that had leaves around 2,5m long

- ceratopteris cornuta
Swimming plant, grows extremely fast, forms large colonies with a central plant and lots of green above and below the water line. My plants reach 60×60cm before I throw them out, a great way to remove nutrients.

- Cryptocoryne aponogetifolia
Hardy and form great colonies, do well in currents.

I have also seen a pred tank that was just wood and luscious moss, but I have no idea how he made it. Moss dies the moment I touch it. I can send you a pic of it but its not mine, so I dont wanna post it online.
I haven't heard of these plants before so will definitely check them out

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store